Hello you, hello me, hello all to my first blog on here. You
can write me ‘pilpho’ or call me ‘Peel Full’, or whatever. :)
Computer Science (CS), my favourite field of study, is able to do many tasks. Yet because
its function is so vast, I do not know what area(s) to pursue in the realm of
CS. So presently, I am exploring anything related to CS to grasp the big
picture (hopefully), and then find one that I am interested in to pursue.
NOTICE: Whatever I am
saying in this blog are my thoughts on things. It is not necessary the truth,
though if it is the truth, then great, everyone is happy.
My understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP):
OOP is a type of programming structural design (according to
Wikipedia, the other designs are “imperative”, “functional”, and “logic”). As
one can see from the naming of this design, the programming is build around objects interacting with each other.
Each object may contain data fields for storing data (e.g. string, integer,
list of real numbers, list of objects, and more) and may also contain methods
for manipulating data (e.g. find the minimum number from the list of numbers).
This design approach is useful for computer scientists in many ways. It allows
for neat coding structure as each object can represent some distinct part of a
complex problem, and these objects come together to solve the big complex
problem. This gives computer scientist a clear sense of what is what.
My understanding of Recursion:
Recursion, in general, is just the repetition of something
identical (or just similar) over and over again.
In Computer Science, recursion is the process of
using/calling the method (aka. The Recursive function) itself inside itself
over and over again, which sound like it would create an infinite loop, but it
can be designed with conditions to exit the infinite loop, such as giving a
base case(s). Recursion is a powerful way of solving various problems such as
Tower of Hanoi, finding the factorial, finding the Fibonacci sequence, and
basically anything that can be solved with iteration and more, yet in a simple,
neat, though somewhat confusing manner. One specific time that I know of when
recursion is very helpful is when the problem requires a divide-and-conquer way
of solving. Anyhow, though I know that recursion is very helpful when
programming, I still have not yet got the hang of it as I still often get
confused. Nonetheless, it will improve with practice.
Thank you for reading,
pilpho
o(@ _ @~*)o
Thank you for reading,
pilpho
o(@ _ @~*)o
No comments:
Post a Comment